Saturday, August 1, 2009

Maybe second time's a charm.

We went in to meet Jaxon's new pediatrician yesterday and Ron and I, both, hated him. I informed him of the alternate vaccination schedule that Jaxon is on and he might as well have named me "Worst Mother of the Year" right then and there. He was SOOOO closed minded and was not listening to a single thing I said. He made a comment at one point that just because I read something bad about vaccines doesn't mean that they're bad. I don't know where he collected this information from because when he asked me why I chose not to follow the CDC recommendations, I told him it was because I felt like it was too much, too soon....never did I say it was because I read something bad. Needless to say, we will not be seeing him again.

I don't need a doctor who agrees with my decision but I would like to have a doctor who is supportive of my rights as Jaxon's mother. I don't have to give Jaxon all of these vaccinations just because the CDC says that I should. I have a right to question what the medical community says is best for my child. Jaxon's previous pediatrician is the reason that I went ahead with the vaccinations in the first place. She was very open to my concerns and she really put my mind at ease. I really don't need an old geezer telling me how horrible I am that Jaxon is not getting his vaccines as recommended.

I really hate this part of moving, I really loved Jaxon's old ped. :(

I am preparing to start school this fall at the local community college. I am very excited and very lucky to have a husband who is so supportive of my ambitions. He is aware of the time it's going to take from him and the JaxMan in the evenings but we both agree that it's well worth it. It's so temporary.

I'm not exactly sure what I am want to do but I am leaning towards accounting. I'm extremely ready to do something with my professional life. I have so many regrets about not doing school when I was there the first time. I hope to do well this time and follow through with what I start. I'm pretty confident about it, the only thing that is standing in my way is ME...I'm doing it this time.

4 Kudos:

Anonymous said...

I totally feel ya on the vax thing. Good Luck on school. I'm starting my second year. Honestly it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I should be able to graduate the end of next year.

Erin, Consider It Joy blog said...

I have plenty of friends that are doing their own schedules with vaccines and it's just a personal decision! Maybe your old ped has a recommendation for someone in your new area?
Good luck with school!!! I have been finishing grad school since Delaney has been born. It's hard, but worth it!

Sabra said...

I am so proud of you for using your own mind and feelings instead of just going with the flow. I never questioned that the doctor knew best, but luckily you all had a fabulous pediatrician in Logan.
GREAT JOB on getting back in school. Accounting would be great!
Can't wait to see you Aug. 21!!!

Unknown said...

Sorry the new peds sucked, but good for you for moving on. Congrats on school, you're going to rock it!