Monday, July 27, 2009

Oh, My nose!

Okay, enough of the break, funny thing happened...ehm, well it's funny now.

I sat down on the toilet and hit my elbow on the toilet paper roll holder. It was one of those hold your elbow, close your eyes and breath really hard hits. So just as I thought the pain was going to pass, I started feeling light headed.

The next thing I knew, I woke up on the floor. I passed out...and fell off the toilet! Thankfully, I hadn't actually starting using the restroom yet.

I had no idea what happened but my head hurt. I ran down stairs and told Ron that I just passed out. (This is was all much more dramatic than I am writing it) He then asked me what happened to my nose! What? My nose? I put my hand on my nose and the once subtle bump on my nose was HUGE! I began crying hysterically, "Ron, my nose is HA-UGE!" Sob, sob, sob.

Apparently, I had hit my face on the wall on my way down. Who knew that you could pass out from hitting your elbow? I guess there is a nerve in there that causes you to pass out if hit too hard. Next time I hit my elbow, I'm just going to lay down on the floor, seriously.

Luckily, I woke up this morning without two black eyes...but with a big honker and a big goose egg on my forehead.

This is all on top of a stint of Mastitis that had me completely debilitated Friday and Saturday, which is a bit better but I'm still dealing with. This weekend has been awful.

4 Kudos:

Sabra said...

You poor thing. I have nearly passed out from hitting my elbow, talk about painful. Hope you are feeling better soon.

AD said...

I'm sorry, but this is soooo funny! Glad you are laughing over it now, but it must have been a miserable few minutes when it was happening. I'm thinking elbow pads would be a good investment and could be kept right outside the bathroom! :)

Carla said...

Yikes! Sounds painful and scary to pass out, on the toilet or not. I'm glad you're ok, don't have any black eyes and your mastitis is getting better. Hope your nose heals soon!

Unknown said...

I still think you should have embellished the story with saying you'd peed on the floor, but that's just me. Hope your nose is feeling better! :(