Saturday, August 29, 2009

Good-bye Carson and Camille

They found a GREAT home yesterday.

I put an ad on Craigslist just to see what kind of response I would get and immediately, I got the perfect response. It was a mother of three little girls who she had promised one of said girls, a puppy. They have been LOOKING for a terrier and she said that two was even better. Carson and Camille will have a yard to run around in, the mother is a stay at home mom who home-schools her kids....it's really just the most perfect situation I could have put them in. The greatest part is that they aren't in the military, they are here to stay in Colorado and that is very important to me.

I am going to miss them but they are going to be so happy with their new home. That is what I keep telling myself. I wasn't here when they got picked up but Ron said that those three little girls were ECSTATIC over Carson and Camille. He said the moment he met that family that he knew this was the right decision.

With my starting school, Ron is working more, not to mention the lack of attention they've gotten since Jaxon was born....this is what is best. (This is me trying to make myself feel better by rationalizing it.)

I will be calling, Lisa (their new mommy), today to find out how they did last night...is that weird? And I want to tell her that, if for ANY reason, they can't keep them, they can bring them back to us.

This is so bittersweet for me. :( Look at how Carson is looking at Jaxon. :(

Please, Someone leave me a comment and make me feel better about our decision. LOL.

5 Kudos:

Carla said...

Oh its so hard to part with our beloved pets. You are obviously doing the right thing by finding them a home where they will get more attention and freedom to run. I'm sure the new family will let you come visit them too!
You did the right thing!
Feel better? :-)

Maegan said...

Thanks, Car! I do feel better. LOL. I am at ease with our decision, I'm just going to miss them.

Unknown said...

Awe. Sounds like a wonderful home. I think you did the right thing.

AD said...

Yes! That sounds like you definitely did the right thing even though it was hard. I'm sorry you will miss them so much.

Sabra said...

Oh, Maegan, this literally made me gasp when I saw the headline. I am proud that you could do what you think is best despite your strong feelings for them. If people would be more considerate with their animals, there wouldn't be a need for animal police. Good luck with school and motherhood and wife. Be strong and don't be afraid to ask for help. Love you.