Saturday, September 5, 2009

Changes

I've learned that becoming a parent is very hard. It's not because it's a lot of work, it's because of having to say goodbye to different stages of your child's life.

I weaned Jaxon from the boob this week. It was a decision I was very comfortable with until today. Ron and Jax took off on a day in the Bronco and I was left here, alone, not being needed by anyone. It really has been a rough day. He's doing fine without the breast but I'm not sure I was ready.

I don't even know why people have kids. This is hard!!!! I can't imagine saying goodbye to my baby and saying hello to my toddler....Or saying goodbye to my toddler and hello to my kid...then kid to teenager, THEN the worst and most dreaded of it...saying goodbye to my teenager and saying hello to my adult!!! How in the crap am I going to handle him flying the coop and going off on his own when I am having such a difficult time with him not needing me to nourish his body anymore.



He was a few days old in this picture and it makes me sad to see it. I don't want him to grow up. It's a hard pill to swallow that it's incredibly inevitable. There is no doubt that I will be so proud of every stage of his life but this is harder than I thought it was going to be...this parenting thing, I mean.

6 Kudos:

Unknown said...

that is just it
welcome to motherhood!!!!!!
they dont stay those lil babies for long:(
i was just talkin about that today, lookin back on pics of my Baby is hard and i cry everytime!!!!!!!! but its is kinda cool to think about what type of ppl they r going to grow up to be.

Anonymous said...

what made you decide to wean him???

They definitely do not stay little long, BUT let me tell you toddler stage is stressful BUT very very entertaining!

Amy Romick said...

Honey you will make it through this! I promise! Jaxon NEEDS you for so much more than just to nourish him. Trust me. It will be ok. Always here for you....

AD said...

So the moral of the story is to relish every stage and every moment because you're absolutely right--the growing up thing is inevitable and it simply stinks.

You are such a devoted mom. I love seeing your growth as a human through this parenting thing! :)

Unknown said...

Just wait until he's 5 and doesn't want you to do ANYTHING for him anymore! *sniff*

Carla said...

Yes, I agree with Ad, just enjoy every moment. Take pictures and love, love, love him.
It really does stink when they grow up and leave home! (sniff)