Tuesday, February 24, 2009

He can't be, can he?

Jaxon is absolutely perfect. There is no way that I have had a pregnancy and a child, all without glitches. It's not possible, is it?

Well, I guess it is. As Ron would say, I'm the most pessimistic person he's ever met. In my defense, I have gotten better. It was bad while I was pregnant though. I was convinced that there was something wrong. I don't know if the fear stemmed from Ron having a disabled child or what but I just KNEW that something was going to happen. I'm sure if you asked Sheriece, she would tell you that I was genuinely surprised to learn that everything was perfect with Jaxon. I remember laying on the operating table and Sheriece saying something about Jaxon and I said "REALLY?". I was seriously surprised and relieved. That was a good day. I'm glad I got to share it with my sister. She is the next best thing to Ron and I'm so glad she was there.

Anyways, apparently I am as neurotic as mothers come. Jaxon has a great pediatrician though. I love her and she listens to me. She doesn't make me feel dumb by expressing my 'petty' fears. She told me how PERFECT he is doing. I have had it in my head that my child was behind, physically speaking. However, she put those concerns to rest. He's right on track.

Jaxon is just above the 50th percentile in weight, weighing in at 15 lbs and 9 oz. He was 25 inches long, which put him right in the 50th percentile. He is absolutely average in size.

He's such a phenomenal boy. What I hate is that everyone that loves him, besides me of course, has missed out on getting to hug him and see his handsome morning smiles. His slobber kisses are fantastic as well!



I wish I lived closer to everyone.

4 Kudos:

AD said...

Yes, he is PERFECT! You are an adorable mom and Jaxon couldn't be cuter! I'm so happy you are loving all of these precious days with him!

Unknown said...

Well, I've been telling you from the moment I laid eyes on him that he is absolutely perfect! You crack me up with your worry, but I understand completely. Sometimes they really do seem TOO good to be true!

Miss him.

Sabra said...

Oh, that slobber kiss is the best!!! We wish you were closer too. Thank goodness we can keep in touch via this internet world. I love you.

Carrie said...

He is perfect! And you are a fantastic mommy and that's why you worry. : )