Sunday, February 22, 2009

Next on the menu...

RICE!!



Jaxon is 4 months old today and we started rice. We've been having problems with him sleeping at night so I decided to start rice after reading on his pediatrician's website that it was okay. I kept going back and forth about it...I hope I made the right decision by going forward with it.

We go tomorrow for his 4 month well baby and shots. He is on an alternate schedule of vaccines so I am preparing myself for another vaccine lecture. I just can't bring myself to pump him full of all of the recommended doses at once. It makes me so uneasy to think about. He is getting vaccinated, it's just going to take longer.

Anyways, I will update with his stats.

Love you all!

4 Kudos:

AD said...

How cute is he eating RICE??? He's fine getting started on solids in my opinion. I mean like rice and oatmeal.

And I think you are totally wise to take the slow route on the vaccines. I don't care what any doctor or research says about it--if moms feel in their guts that things changed in their kids after the vaccines, I believe them hands down. Good for you to do what you feel is right!! :)

Sabra said...

Yay! He looks like he approves, anyway.
You are such an impressive young mother, Maegan. I can't say enough how proud I am of you.

Unknown said...

I'm sorry... but how freaking CUTE is that chunky monkey in that picture!? I miss him so bad. Seriuosly, every time I see a new picture of him, I get the sads.

I agree with the vaccination schedule. If you were skipping vaccines I might have a different opinion, but I think you're making the right call.

Carla said...

What a cutie! He looks so happy eating that rice. I think I started my kids on that kind of stuff around 4 months. I'm sure it's fine.