Friday, October 10, 2008

Our deployment adventure

We all know that Ron is currently serving in Iraq. We just hit our 7 month mark and I couldn't be more proud. Our relationship has blossomed with trust and confidence and it really has been an eye opening experience. I have heard a lot of people say that these deployments will make or break your relationship and I'm so thankful for how we have made it work so far!

It's been hard, don't get me wrong. Being married to my husband over instant messenger definitely comes with some difficult moments but I am so thankful that I get to talk to him at all. I can't imagine how difficult it was for the wives of the men who fought in past wars when communication was little to none. I can't even imagine.

We really are lucky. I haven't taken any of this for granted. Ron's life has been in extreme danger more than once and I thank God everyday that he is one day closer to coming home to me.

Here are some pictures of Ron in Iraq. We will be able to call him Sergeant Swain on November 1st! He makes me so proud.







4 Kudos:

Unknown said...

Those pictures are cool. They look so... soldiery. I am so glad this has worked out for you guys and am so impressed with how you have handled yourself as a military wife.

Sabra said...

Yea, another blogger!! Thanks for sharing. I too am soooo proud of both of you. It is wonderful that this experience has brought the two of you closer. I can't wait to come and see you.

Carla said...

I am so impressed with you and Ron Maegan! Ron is doing a great job serving our country and I am proud of him.
Can't wait to share your first experiences of parenthood with you through the blog!
Congrats!

AD said...

Congrats to Ron on his promotion! Thank you for sharing these photos; it makes it all more real to me. We try to remember Ron in our family prayers every night. I look forward to sharing these pictures with my kids so now we will all have a mental image of what we are praying for.

From your words I can tell you are being a wonderfully supportive wife and that makes all the difference in our marriages. Good for you, Maegan.