Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm back!!



So, I think a big thank you should go out to Sheriece for taking it upon herself to share my whole experience with labor and delivery. It's good she did it. She was able to keep it short and sweet whereas mine would have been long and drawn out...bad for the writer and the reader!! So, thank you, Sheriece!

Ron has been home for 2 days now and it doesn't even seem like he's been gone. It's the strangest thing. It's a discussion that we have had about 3 times now. We are both amazed at how things are just as how they were when he left...only better, of course. I can't stop thanking him for giving Jaxon to me. I'm sure he thinks I am crazy, obsessed by now. :)

Oh, motherhood. It's the most amazing thing ever. I freak out at the tiniest things. I am so paranoid about everything. I tear up everytime I even think about how much I love Jaxon. I, now, understand how a mother can infinitely stare into the face of their nursing baby. It has been one of the most life changing weeks of my life. It's the strangest thing but I really don't know how I have gone so long without Jaxon in my life. I sure was missing out on a lot!

Nursing has been a wonderful experience. Sheriece was a wonderful help with the whole nursing thing. I think she wanted it to happen just as much as I did so that was a great motivation to get through the sour spots. My hospital didn't offer any kind of lactation consulting so Sheriece got on her nifty IPhone and found someone to come out that day to help with it. What a great sister! Today has been a breeze as far as nursing goes so I think this may work! I am really excited about it. It's such an intimate time for Jax and I...I am amazed at how I am able to provide him with the nourishment that his body needs.

Anywho, I will close with a picture of the most proudest Aunt Sheriecey EVER!!!

4 Kudos:

AD said...

Jaxon is the cutest thing ever!

And what a happy smile on that (ever so skinny) face of Sheriece's!

That will be a time for the two of you that you will always cherish.

And I'm sooooo happy Ron is home safe and sound. :)

Unknown said...

Gah, could there be a worse picture of me in the universe!? Doesn't matter though, because it is (sadly) the only photographic evidence that exists to prove that for 3 1/2 precious days, Jax and I were best buds. Miss you guys.

Sabra said...

What a precious post, Maegan. You may be tired of hearing this, but I am so proud of you. What a wonderful thing that you and Ron feel so close, even though he has been so far away for a while. Thanks to Sheriece for her support and help. Can't wait to get there to do my part.

Nikki said...

Too cute!! I am so glad things are going so well for all of you. Need more pictures!!!