Monday, January 19, 2009

'Thankful' doesn't even begin to describe it.

"i just wanted to let you know that im ok. we got hit yesterday. im going to be calling you later tonight when you get up. i love you so so much. kiss my son."

This was the message I woke up to today. It is the epitome of the military wife's worst nightmare.

I don't even know where to begin.

They lost someone yesterday. A guy that has been over to my house. I knew him. This is unreal to me.

I'm so thankful that I still have my husband and my son still has his father. Thankful doesn't even being to describe the way I am feeling right now. It very well could have been Ron. He was so close to it...he was up close and personal with all of the chaos.

I don't want to play anymore. It was okay when I was playing off this deployment as a business trip but this is a major reality check. This is not a game. I can't believe that I ended our latest conversation before this accident with a very sarcastic 'I Love You, too' because I was annoyed with him. That is how naive I have grown to this deployment, so naive that I think it's okay to leave a conversation with my husband that way.

Please keep Ron in your prayers, I think this opens up a very long list of trials and tribulations for him and his Faith...and our marriage.

Sorry for the dark post. My thoughts and emotions are running wildly.

Holy crap. Fight or flight....fight. Dear Deployment, I hate you.

7 Kudos:

Sabra said...

Oh my gosh, Maegan. How terrifying. I know you are strong enough to face this. I am also very thankful Ron is safe. I love you and wish I was there to give you a hug.

Leanne Bruns said...

Yeah... That's why I have been so upset. Dave was really close to him. I don't think I have ever heard him that sad, anrgy, and all of those emotions ever before. I am praying non-stop... Its too close to the end for this stuff to happen. I am so glad that our men are okay.

AD said...

Maegan, this froze me in my tracks. Is Ron okay okay or did he have any injuries? We pray for him every day and I will include the family of his friend. So scary. I admire your strength and encourage you to keep sending Ron as many positive words as you can. He must be shaken to say the least.

And btw, you are a great writer.

Carla said...

Oh Maegan how scary! I'm glad Ron is ok. I'm sure he's going to have so many different emotions to deal with in the future. Losing a friend like that has to be the worst. I will pray for all of you! Give Ron our love when you talk to him.

McKelle said...

you really are a great writer. i got shivers reading this! i'm glad he's okay too, i'm sorry you have to go through this!

martha wesson said...

Oh, Maegan, how scary. That is really close to home. I guess we all try not to think about what could happen. I know you are so scared and you are very brave to deal with this. I'm so thankful that Ron is okay. We love you and send our prayers and thoughts to you and Ron always. Love you.

Unknown said...

That's horrible, but I AM SO GLAD HE'S OK!!!! I love you.