Monday, May 18, 2009

I'm lost.

I really want to do something for myself. I would love to go back to school but I have problems with the thought of putting Jaxon in child care. I think child care is great for children, it's just my own hang ups of finding a provider that I trust with him.

I know that I will find my way to a career, it's just so frustrating. It always comes back to finding good child care.

I'm so discouraged as a whole right now. Ugh. If I would have just acted right when I went to school the first time, I would be totally done by now. I've wasted so much time.

4 Kudos:

Unknown said...

Awe. I feel that way lately, too. Less about babysitting and more about, what the crap do I wanna do!? :(

Child care gets a BILLION times easier when they can talk and tell you about their day and tell you about their sitter. So that won't be too long, right? Love you!

Carla said...

You should try really hard to find someone you trust for Jaxon and go back to school. It doesn't get any easier the older you get.
When Jake was about 8 years old, he asked me "Mom, what do you want to be when you grow up?" Sadly, I never made it to college and so I was still trying to figure that one out! :-(

Sabra said...

Sorry I didn't see this before now. You can do a lot of schooling on the internet now. Go for it. Tackle a degree in accounting like Nikki.

AD said...

Google Reader is great, but sometimes I quickly read a post and vow to get back to it to make a comment, and then I forget. I read this and could totally relate to your feelings. I think it is the common lot of women to wonder what they should do with themselves...just know that you will never regret the days you get to nurture Jaxon. Make the most of those days. I'm with Carla and your mom--school will never be "convenient" but it is definitely the best way to find yourself. I tell my girls that they should consider accounting, teaching, or nursing--the three degrees that if you pursue, you can always do no matter where you live, and what you can step in and out of very easily. When you want/need to work, you can. When you don't, you can step away and then get back to it when you want to do it again. Good luck!